Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Big Girls and Kicking and Mermaids... oh my!

Big news in our home right now.... Cadel has been moved from the nursery to her BIG GIRL ROOM. Both kids have been adorably helpful and excited. On her first day sleeping in there, her kind big brother told her "If you get scared, you can come to my room, and come sleep with me. You don't have to go get Mom and Dad." LOVE. She has been perfect so far. The first night was a bit fitful (for her? or for me? Frankly I'm not entirely sure as I had the monitor cranked and picture up to full brightness, so I'm sure I could hear sounds from the pond across the street from her room!), but since then, she is sleeping beautifully, and waking nicely to play with her things in her room.

All of her recent milestones make me a little sad (but insanely proud). Potty trained to the point of even doing outings in undies, and sleeping in her big girl room and toddler bed. Wow - just like that!

T-ball season is over, and Ullrich has decided to sign up for soccer (I guess playing in the dirt on the baseball field every Saturday morning left him wanting something more?). Soccer will start the first week in July, and will be on Thursday evenings. It's our first week night sport. Maybe it will work better than getting upon Saturday morning. So often we find ourselves having to wake the kids and rush them through the morning routine. Makes me nervous for Ullrich's fall pre-school which is in the mornings.

Speaking of kicking for sport, my inner child (baby girl Scherer) is a World Cup soccer star. We are already feeling outside of the body kicks -- this is at 22 weeks gestation. Pretty impressive. Ron never got to feel Ulls kicks on the outside, and pretty sure it was later in the pregnancy for Cadel. Wonder what this says about our next little girl? Who cares... I'm loving it!

In funny kidisms this week, Cadel insists she used to be a mermaid "When I was a mermaid..." she'll start a sentence. Ha!

No comments: