Monday, November 12, 2012

Donuts

Things have been hard lately. Cadel seems to be having a bit of a tummy-ache relapse. Everyone wants "cheats" all the time.  I say "no" a lot. AND, I've been feeling in a bit of a food rut since our awesome rice-free finds.

Then, this weekend, there was a bit of a beacon of light. I tried the cake donut recipe from Babycakes Covers the Classics (this is the recipe book for the NYC based bakery where we also found our cinnamon roll and waffle recipes). I *delighted* my crew with her cinnamon sugar donuts.   They said, "these taste just like mini donuts!"  This is the ultimate compliment for a food coming from my children.

If you have food allergies and have not yet purchased this cookbook, I cannot recommend it highly enough. I'm really excited to try the cut out cookies and gingerbread man cookies for the holidays. What's best about these recipes is that they are EASY. They are quite foolproof, as long as you know how to follow directions (and once your kitchen is stocked with the right ingredients - this recipe was our first that called for potato starch).

So while things are still tough, generally, we continue to realize that life goes on with food intolerances. And it's not really so bad.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks! putting it on my Christmas list.

Jane said...

Thanks! putting it on my Christmas list.